I've spent (much to my wife's current dismay) over ten grand on various survival schools etc. I'm hoping some of it "took" smile

I'll have to hunt my food down and replace everything with natural materials. Anything I bring in is just a perk that will eventually wear out or be lost.

That katadyn filter should last long enough that I'll be 70+ before I require a new element. (I do have an extra one cached). I'm not even sure I'll bring the filter. Honestly, it is mostly good for removing radioactive particles. In my region the water is clean enough that you can drink directly from the lakes with boiling

If I do need perscrips I plan on learning the appropriate herbal remedies (if any). My literature has been upgraded in my new kit to include common herbal remedies and has the entire Peterson's guide compressed (and readable) to 11 pages print on write in the rain paper on a color laser printer (magnifying glass for later years). Most of it is memorized but I know I'd like a cheat sheet for any real world tests...even to just calm my nerves. For the same reason I have basic survival and 1st aid printed in like manner.

The only thing I've noticed is that medical support is almost totally limited to how the body heals itself when you have no hope of rescue. Bones must be "set" and there are no xrays etc.

I'm almost debating writing up a safety manual for the scenario. Besides hypothermia and starvation my major concern is human stupidity. Boiling water burns, knife cuts etc. Knife cuts will have to heal on their own. You can't stitch them or glue them closed as you risk greater infection (penetrating injury).
Better to avoid injury by safe work practices.

I have some stockpiles of medical supplies (vet grade meds and a last ditch pulser/zapper). Realistically, the body will have to heal itself. I carry prayer with me as well (it didn't show up in the photo smile

Good ideas Teacher! If you have any thoughts please fire them away. Even if we have to branch into other topics. There is such knowledge on this forum that I love the feedback/thoughts/constructive criticism.

-NIM