One thing I noticed was that the tabs do seem to be smaller than the Esbit tabs...and definately smaller than the bars mentioned above. The instructions said they are reusable if you don't need a whole one but after a few minutes of burning, what isn't still solid or burned is in a pool of flaming liquid at the bottom...I didn't test what happens when you blow it out (liquidy mess? Stuck to the bottom like wax?). Based on my test I couldn't imagine using just one for anything.

Both of these stoves are extremely sensitive to wind. In the case of the RationZ stove it comes with it's own wind protection...more than the Vargo anyhow. I've been thinking about adding HD foil to my 'cooking kit' for just this purpose. The tent peg idea TheSock mentioned is brilliant as I carry about 8 in my bag to use with my Sil-Poncho.

Blast: I think it's very high quality however it doesn't feel like it. I'm always worried I'm going to break it because it's so damned light...but it's held up to everything I put it through just fine. If I have any complaint about the Vargo it's that it's very easy to spill the fuel when filling. The Trangia fuel bottle I have has a great spout on the end and even then I usually get some on me and/or the ground.