Hi All,

After about 2 months of using the Marlin Papoose, as a plinker/small game collecter I have determined that it fills my need well.

I have harvested 6 ruffed grouse with it (missed a couple but it was not the rifle's fault) using CCI .22 LR Sub-sonic ammo. I added a nylon sling to the rifle and due to the light weight you never know it is on your shoulder. It assembles/disasembles quickly, functions reliably and I like the floating sectional case it comes with.

I have only 2 minor complaints and both involve the sights.

The hood on the front sight protects it well but can catch on brush and be pulled off. This happened twice to me and both times made a "ping" sound, with some searching I was able to find the hood again.

The rear sight is under tension from the sliding notched elevaton bar under it, this causes the face of the open rear sight to fold down slightly. I tried to fuse the sight in the vertical position with some clear nail lacquar but it failed. The next thing to try is some epoxy or J-B Weld.

I should really just replace the rear sight with a peep sight mounted on the reciever rails as I shoot better with this system anyway.

I noticed when I took the butt plate off that the stock is hollow, this winter when I have some free time I am going to construct a mini PSK to store inside there (just the bare basics) and make it easier to access this space.

So after about 300 rounds of shooting over 3 sessions, 5 day hunting hikes and a few grouse in the bag I have concluded that the Marlin Papoose .22 Semi-auto Take-Down rifle was a good purchase for me; I will continue to use it and would reccomended it to others as a small game, casual plinker or BOB rifle.

Mike