I'm a big fan of Ray Mears as well. If you do a search for him on YouTube, you can find a bunch of his videos from the "Bushcraft Survival Series" and "Extreme Survival Series". I'd order the DVDs from his site, but they're not in my region code-wise.

I also like Les Stroud a lot and love Survivorman. Les gives out a lot of great information, and I respect the fact that when he screws up he'll show it and admit it. I also admire his ability to "go for the shot". He expends a lot of energy setting up cameras for a great shot only to have to go back and retrieve them afterward. Sure, it's an unnecessary expenditure of calories in a survival situation, but makes the show more enjoyable than if he were doing the whole thing with a hand-held camera. He'd probably do a lot better if he didn't have to deal with the cameras... LOL

As for Bear, I came down on him pretty hard in the beginning, but later some people here helped convince me of the fact that it's just a different type of show. I still think that a lot of what he shows is reckless, but the show is geared more about him pushing himself than anything else. When we started to hear the rumors that a lot of the show was staged, it didn't really surprise me that much.

In the end, if I were going to point someone to a show that contains great survival information I'd direct them to Ray Mears' or Les Stroud's work.