Welcome Jordan!

The compass finds north fine, my fingers don't find level so well if I haven't had my caffeine fix. :P As someone who is intimately familar with hypothermia, I can see it being an issue, but if I put the kit down on the ground it should be ok.

Will we being seeing this whistle replace the Fox 40 Micro in some of the other kits? It is a more packable shape.

As for the repack, I just curled and wiggled it all in. The pouch is a little frustrating in it's clingyness, but nothing major. If I was to give one to someone, I'd set up an instruction card like I mentioned, between the Heatsheet and the small items. And I tested what I could add this afternoon- a gerber bag, a small ferro rod (always have at least one knife on me), and two ClO2 tabs. It has a home in my bag of tricks; probably permanent. (And the long timers here will confirm that is akin to being canonized. :P )

Edit: Is there a particular material property that dictates the looseness of the Heatsheet, or is it just a matter of your available packing facility? Or did I just get one that was a little plump? I've gotten mylar sheets that were just about solid in how they were packed, but that is a much thinner material. I'm just glad you put in the larger Heatsheet, even when the smaller one would have made packing it at your end easier. It is a minor point, just curiosity.

Edited by ironraven (11/02/07 11:34 PM)

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.