I got, and wear, the Leatherman Wave. The ability to hang on with one hand and still be able to get to the most used tool, the knife, is important to me. The pliers are secondary but quite handy.

The Wave is about as large and heavy a device as I would chose for wearing on my belt every day. In its sheath it is a bit smaller than the Buck knife seen on many hips in the south.

I got, and prefer, the older Wave. It lacks the universal hex bit holder that I find to be murphoid and a bit too fiddly. Those hex bits can tend to get caught in the fastener, pull out and get lost. I am more than willing to trade off adaptability, the ability to change bits, for the simple reliability of single purpose blades.

The Wave is a bit too large and heavy to slip comfortable into a pocket. When wearing dress slacks, where a belt sheath would stick out, I slip the smaller and lighter "Original Leatherman" into a pocket.

They have subsequently changed the names. I'm not sure but I think the "original Leatherman" has been renamed the PST. It looks similar. The design lacks the one-handed ability to get the knife blade out but it has served me well.