Xavier...

All of the above answers are awesome. I especially like widgets. You said that you have all this equipment that you will never use.... Why Not?

Get away from it all once in awhile. Take a day vacation and get into the bush.. or even just in your backyard and practice skills. Get familiar with your equipment.

Think of it this way.. I will give you a scenario...

#1 - Nothing ever happens that you need your skills and tools. You are blessed. Instead of HAVING to go into a survival situation you have had the chance many times of putting yourself in faux situations that have built your skills. You have gained wisdom, insight, and overall confidence in your life. You have become a better person.

#2 - A 911 or Katrina happens in your area and affects your life. Or you are on the trail and you see someone else who isn't prepared.. and your kit saves their life! You are prepared... You LIVE... and help others in the process. Either way, your skills have been an asset.

You really can't lose Xavier! And to top it all off... It's fun! Yup.. I would say 'crazy like a fox' says it best. Welcome to the club smile

- Ben