I evacuate via The Nuclear War Survival Skills; Chapter 4: Evacuation guidelines as quoted here:

A.THE MOST NEEDED ITEMS

Category 1. Survival Information: Shelter building and other nuclear survival instructions, maps, all available small battery-powered radios and extra batteries, a fallout meter such as a homemade KFM (see Appendix C), and writing materials.

Category 2. Tools: Shovel, pick, saw (a bow- saw is best), ax or hatchet, file, knife, pliers, and any other tools specified in the building instructions for the shelter planned. Also take work gloves.

Category 3. Shelter-Building Materials: Rain- proofing materials (plastic, shower curtains, cloth, etc.) as specified in the instructions for the type of shelter planned Also, unless the weather is very cold, a homemade shelter-ventilating pump such as a KAP, or the materials to build one (see Appendix B).

Category 4. Water: Small, filled containers plus all available large polyethylene trash bags, smaller plastic bags and pillow cases, water-purifying material such as Clorox, and a teaspoon for measuring.

Category 5. Peacetime valuables: Money, credit cards, negotiable securities, valuable jewelry, checkbooks, and the most important documents kept at home. (Evacuation may be followed not by nuclear war, but by continuing unstable nuclear peace.)

Category 6. Light: Flashlights, candles, materials to improvise cooking-oil lamps (2 clear glass jars of about 1-pint size, cooking oil, cotton string for wicks (see Chapter 11, Light), kitchen matches, and a moisture-proof jar for storing matches.

Category 7. Clothing: Cold-weather boots, overshoes, and warm outdoor clothing (even in summer, since after an attack these would be unobtainable), raincoats and ponchos. Wear work clothes and work shoes.

Category 8. Sleeping Gear: A compact sleeping bag or two blankets per person.

Category 9. Food: Food for babies (including milk powder, cooking oil, and sugar) has the highest priority. Compact foods that require no cooking are preferred. Include at least one pound of salt, available vitamins, a can and bottle opener, a knife, and 2 cooking pots with lids (4-qt size preferred). For each person: one cup, bowl, and large spoon. Also, a bucket stove, or minimum materials for making a bucket stove: a metal bucket, 10 all- wire coat hangers, a nail, and a cold chisel or screwdriver (see Chapter 9, Food).

Category 10. Sanitation Items: Plastic film or plastic bags in which to collect and contain excrement; a bucket or plastic container for urine; toilet paper, tampons, diapers, and soap.

Category 11. Medical Items: Aspirin, a first-aid kit, all available antibiotics and disinfectants, special prescription medicines (if essential to a member of the family), potassium iodide (for protection against radioactive iodine, see Chapter 13), spare eyeglasses, and contact lenses.

Category 12. Miscellaneous: Two square yards of mosquito netting or insect screen with which to screen the shelter openings if insects are a problem, insect repellents, a favorite book or two.

B.SOME USEFUL ITEMS (To take if car space is available):

1. Additional tools.

2. A tent, a small camp stove, and some additional kitchen utensils.

This translates to me as:
1) Plan A & Plan B for evacuating and where to go.
2) Hand tools (includes mechanical as well as shovels, axes, saws, etc).
3) Camping Equipment.
4) Water and the means (tablets in BoB) to purify water.
5) Money, valuables, financial records (includes laptops).
6) Lighting.
7) Seasonal and non-seasonal clothing.
8) Sleeping gear (includes air mattresses, foam pads, sleeping bags and blankets, etc.).
9) Food (including anything special for individuals in my party) and the means in which to cook and clean (camp stoves, messkits, pot holders, utensils, etc).
10) All personal hygiene and sanitation needs (includes porta-potty, buckets, disposable diapers, chucks, wipes, etc).
11) Medical items include ALL prescription & non-prescription meds, special equipment (special needs), FAK's, etc.
12) Miscellaneous (includes ALL weapons and ammunitions, spare gasoline, generator, BoB's, etc). If time and space allows,
I'll grab the photo albums and some of the photos off of the walls (the really old family types).

Basically, all of these things are ready to go. DW gets the kid's (includes the dogs & cat) clothing and needs together with their BoB's; while I get the equipment loaded into the vehicles.

Yes, we have tailored checklists for Evacuating and No, I don't see a difference between evacuating and Bugging Out except for the amount of time we may be gone, if we are returning at all.