I'm glad you came out of this with no apparent major injury.

I agree with CANOEDOGS and Susan that you should get checked out. I am still having neck problems that my chiropractor and I think were caused by whiplash from a rear end collision. At the time I felt fine, but problems developed over time. So, an ounce of prevention, etc.

The Uninsured Motorist insurance coverage always grates on me when I have to pay it, but I've had to use it twice. One of my brothers is a police officer, and he's always said we would be amazed and scared at how many people he has stopped that didn't have insurance.

Don't feel too bad about the guy going to jail. Four warrants?! He obviously has created more problems than just your accident.

After being rearended more than once, I always keep an eye on the rearview mirror when someone approaches me. As my brother told me, "Yes they are stupid, yes they are crazy, and yes they are trying to kill you. Think of it as a game. You try to guess which one will try to hit you and when, and then if you're right, AND AVOID THEM, you win the game." This is defensive driving taken to the next level. On the other side of the coin, I try to drive in a predictable fashion, so that other drivers know what I intend to do. That's on my good days. On my bad days, if I had a vehicle mounted phaser...

Seriously, I hope you're fine, and your insurance company gets you a replacement Infiniti right away. Thanks for sharing your incident, and I'm sorry it happened to you.