UTAlumnus, Should have been a little more specific. The newest vehicle i have ever purchased was almost 5 years old, the last one was 6 years old with around 80k on the odometer. While the battery may last quite a while past it's warranty period, i really doubt it. I have only had one car not have a battery fail in within 6 months after i bought it. Maybe after the hybrids have established a longer term track record, ten to fifteen years, i might change my mind. Will have to wait and see.

The SUV's are ok, but they will not haul what my truck will in the back. And my full size truck with a V8 struggles when i have my 6x18 tandem axle trailer behind it especially with the Kubota on it.

The Camery may be quick by the numbers, but it is not a sports car. It's not rear wheel drive, weight distribution is not good (doesn't handle well), the top doesn't drop, and it's like sitting in your living room while driving down the road. Maybe haul but is the wrong word set, spirited driving is more like it. And while i would not mind having a truck with four doors, my current one has three, i can't bring myself to buy a car that is available with four doors.