If I might pick your brain a little more

Do you have an evacuation/bug out plan in plane? While most situations you would remain home, I'm in an older neighborhood and there are a lot of people who refuse to work who are living on government assistance and abusing that system. Their basic attitude is everything is public, be it my back yard or the contents of my shed or whatever. So if any large situation happens they will be expecting a handout so those situations I need to bug out rather than be put in a situation where I have to defend my family and have to deal with legal issues later. I have a primary location already, my parents farm but its 250 miles to there.
So some of the things I need to work out now are meeting places, if my wife needs to leave the house while I'm at work where can I catch up to her at. I had thought about some of the travel centers we stop at while going that way but in a NOLA situation they will probably have a lot of people stopping to get gas so I'm thinking we need to stay away from them. I'm trying to decide what would make a good meet up location.