Well I did a little bit of work on mine. I have one of those Sentry fireproof safes at home with important things in it and finally started organizing it.
We have 4 in our family now and I have a folder in the safe for each member. I started thinking at some things that we keep in the safe are not super important and a few folders with things dropped into them isn't the most organized. So I made a trip to the office supply store and bought some stuff. For each person I used a report cover and put a couple sheet protectors inside. In those sheet protectors is an official copy of the birth certificate and a membership/dedication certificate from our church. Then a business card holder page which holds the social security card and savings account number card. Then a CD holder page which has a burned CD with scanned images of the paper items in the folder and a spreadsheet with the savings account register and the electronic statements of the savings accounts (for the kids). I put a fifth folder in the same with things that are joint between my wife and I such as marriage license and all our checking/savings info.
So I have all the most important items in those folders for use as needed. My plan is to duplicate them as much as possible and store the second set offsite at my parents farm in another fireproof safe. Then I'll put my emergency binder near the firesafe, because depending on time, if we have to evacuate for some reason we plan to take the safe but if there isn't time (its big and heavy) then we pull out the 5 important binders.