What kind of personal information would everyone keep in somehting like this? I'm thinking birth certificate and social security card to start with.
I was organizing our fireproof safe and instead of those items just loose in a folder I bought some thinn report covers, sheet protectors, business card holers, cd sleeves, etc and started making small binders with inportant information. I put the birth certificate in a slot in the business card holder as well as the little card with savings account numbers for each of my children and their birth certificate in a sheet protector and a cd holder which will hold a backup copy of the scans of above and some other documents for them.
Then the other question is should I store these at home in my firesafe or rent a safe deposite box at a bank. Either way I could see a major disaster of NOLA proportion destroying things. I wonder if I can go request copies of the birth certificate and ss card and keep a copy both at home and in a bank, anyone tried getting duplicates?