Quote:
I'm not very knowledgeable in first aid and doing a first aid and CPR training is still on my to-do list. but this kit just looks overkill to me. Many stressed the importance of blister care yet for hiking he has another dedicated kit. It looks like a kit for expedition for several weeks to me. If it's for bug-out emergency, why not keep adresses and phone numbers of area hospitals instead of trying to provide for everything like a dental kit.

This medical-kit (guess I shouldn't call it a FAK anymore) is ment both as a home-kit and as a bug-out medical-kit. Why the over-kill? Well because I have the equipment and know how to use it, because of the suggestions made on this forum and because you'll never know what you might need and if medical care is available..
However, the dental kit is included because my mother has very bad teeth and a little bit of emergency tooth-filling can make such a difference in a situation without proffessional medical/dental care available.