I wouldn't expect any upgrades in the knife.EBAY not withstanding, on hand supplies of the utility knife will keep them in stores until ; pilfered, lost, borrowed, broken,stolen. Nautical sheepsfoot blades are a cultural and maritime regulatory artifact of days when a Captain could stitch up slash wounds but not stab wounds. A pointed blade is usefull at sea and the risk of puncturing the raft no greater than with any number of other kit items. A refugee from warring Yugoslavia doomed herself and several people puncturing their liferaft with her treasured high heels. So keep a pointed blade regardless of model, just prohibit navy personel from wearing high heals. It wouldn't hurt if somebody could give even a cursory pass on a diamond during inspection. They can be miserably dull to start.Ditto the (In)famous TRACON fishing kit. I would suggest, again if simple man hours allow a visual inspection and retaping of the contents. Of the 7 unopened kits I acquired, 2 had visible rust on the inexpensive hooks FROM THE ASSEMBLER'S FINGERPRINTS STILL VISIBLE, and one a conglomerate and useless mess of rust and mildew. There is utterly no dedicated unit to grip or coil the fishing line. Every other kit seems to have a simple plastic sheet for this. The BLIZZARD BAGS are superior to mere space blankets. And while I was able to egress from mine in a deep end pool jump, a weak or injured crewman may not in the event of capsizing.The jackets or cellular blankets may be a viable option if unit cost and storage are acceptable. Liferafts have two temperatures; hot or cold.