Hi Tom
Haven't had a chance to get the fleet yet, but I did get to play on the Mark-7 during training last summer.

Some of the ideas presented here are great: I really like the idea of some sort of solar panel to help recharge electronics. Also, is there an internal light? Even during the day, it got really dark once the overhead cover was drawn shut. Something, even a basic red light, would be nice. I assume this would be a huge budgetary headache, so perhaps any crank-powerd lights for inside use?

The boat gets pretty warm with 20 people crowded into it, and everyone started sinking to the center. Which was nice and warm, minus the water we'd pulled in while boarding. Perhaps something can be done to help sailors hold onto the perimeter? Either small loops, carabiners, etc?

You know, having one knife means it's bound to go overboard. A second, or even third, would be nice. And, yes, something a little more practical than the Camillus would be nice as well.

Maybe more 2-qt water storage bags? There's going to be a LOT of thirsty people after the second or third day. What is there in the way of repair equipment with the desalination pump?

Thanks for your (and your co-workers') hard work. I'm sure it's a PITA to restock, repair, update, upkeep, revamp, and test these boats. Personally, though, I'm glad we have them on all the ships!