Originally Posted By: CBTENGR
- Are you prepared to use deadly force to stop the life-threatening actions of another person?

Yes. "prepared" being the operative word.

- When was the last time you trained with your firearm?

09/28/07 - quarterly qualifications.

- How often do you carry your firearm?

Every day.

- How do you carry your firearm? (LEO's are taught that the lethal range for a knife attack is 20 ft, anything less and you will be wounded before you can unholster and fire even one shot)

Right side hip in a Fobus holster.

It is true about knife attacks and distance. In 1986, I was attending Caliber Press' Officer Survival Training. Out of a crowd of approximately 30, trainer Gary Klugewicz (sp?) picked me to come up front and holster a weapon that fired .38 cal cotton balls (it was wierd, but cool). He was armed with a rubber fixed blade, probably about 10" overall length. He was 15 feet away. He described to me and the class what he was going to do and when he would do it. He told me to prepare, then said draw and fire anytime you like starting "now"... and he rushed me. I got 3 rounds off as I was falling backwards, onto my back, from his onslaught. Where the rounds hit him, he almost assuredly would have been mortally wounded, eventually. I was carved turkey...it was plain for all to see including me. I bet he slashed me 10 times - minimum. He stayed away from my face and neck only because, even though the knife was rubber, it could've hurt me. So.... I say, from personal experience, 20 feet to death is true....as long as the attacker has the desire and huevos to follow through. Same goes for anyone displaying a martial arts stance after the firearm is drawn and a command given.

- Where do you keep your firearm when it's not being carried?

In the velcro compartment of my briefcase, loaded, with 2 extra magazines. Where else? Triple locked away in a safe with a padlock through the trigger guard, with the ammo locked up in another room?????????

- Is your family trained in firearm use/safety?

My wife owns and shoots (adequately) her Ruger SP101. My daughter is learning to shoot my .22 cal pellet gun. Safety is a part of the training, as is shooting to kill, not to "wound" or to "stop".

Edited by Stretch (10/06/07 06:06 PM)