Hi Nomad,

I think you are right on about the clad rounds vs. the lead rounds in an auto.

I went to the range today with the Papoose and my 195something Savage 15 .22 bolt action rifle. Only the 25 yard range was open but that was OK.

I shot about 75 rounds of the lead nosed rounds in the bolt action gun. First time I’ve shot a rifle in about 20 years. Reminded me of my kid days in Texas when I lived with a similar gun. The last three rounds were much better than the first three!

Then I assembled the Papoose and shoved home a clip of CCI Mini-Mag HP rounds. WOW! What a difference. Three inch patterns with iron sights out of the box. I shot 100 rounds total and every shot was at least close.

At 25 yards the patterns were about 1.5” high which I would guess to be about right for 50 yards. I adjusted the rear ramp some but saw very little difference. But that was prolly due more to my having fun than really trying to sight in the gun.

The papoose ate the Mini-Mag rounds like candy. I need more clips and more ammo!

What a nice piece, what fun!

A 4X scope is next for the 100 yard range. Also some work on the trigger- way too stiff for accuracy.

Hope you enjoy yours as much.