my family knows exactly what i do and why, and i keep encouraging them to do more also. sometimes it just comes down to giving them their own b.o.b starter kits.

but ive gained this type of rep slightly at work with a few people who have seen my sak or a few catalogs i buy my goodies from.
i try to give them little pushes in the right direction and have seen a few take to it slowly but atleast have more interest in learning about preparedness now.

when the student is ready the teacher appears, listen to what people say especially after a big disaster (tsunami,eathquake etc).

then play a little game with them of "well if this ever did happen here, what do you think you`d do to make it out ok?"
just hypothetical, pretend stuff to gauge their responses and willingness to learn to prepare.
with those who seem worthy you can expand the game into other scenarios and see if they begin to formulate better ideas and perhaps prepare a little (with some nudging suggested).

as far as the rest of those who REFUSE to learn or just rely on fema/odin/someone else to save their ass i have a tried and true phrase: "not all baby turtles are meant to make it to the ocean."

edit: as for the daleks....hide on higher levels, they cant climb stairs hehe.

Edited by NY RAT (10/04/07 09:25 AM)