Sweet Mother!!!!!

Damned impressive binder.

You put me to shame.

Couple of Suggestions from the health care provider end of the boat.

Emergency Phone Tree:
Think sitting in the ICU waiting area in the middle of the night, destraut and thinking "who do I call? What do I do??". Someone will get left out in the stress of the situation that may be a valuable resource.

Medical Info Sheet:
For each family member
You can even import a photo of each family member onto their sheet and it could be faxed to an Emergency Room anywhere if need be.
Dealt with a number of families split up by Katrina and members scattered all over the place in varying levels of conciousness/mental faculties and trying to figure out what the patient's history was. Patient couldn't tell us and even their old medical records were under 10 feet of water.

Don't trust yourself to remember all of your wife's medications or your child's allergies while they're screaming and/or bleeding in front of you. Been there, done that, went brain dead, and I'm a nurse that deals with that on a daily basis.

The Med Info Sheet should includes:
- Allergies including foods, tape, latex,....
- Medications/doses
- Surgeries and any metal implants (no not the ones the aliens put in , they don't show up on xray)
- Physicians and their contact numbers
- Vaccinations especially most recent tetanus.

Living Will Copy:
Yeah, you're young now but drunk drivers and demonic cats happen. Best to talk about it and get it in writing now while y'all are both calm (relatively) and able to talk about it.

Funeral Plans:
At least an overview or a sheet that says "look in the 'Funerals' folder in the second drawer of the green file cabinet" The more specific the details the less the survivor has to try and think about.

I love (not like,... love) punchlists. Don't even have to think about things, just follow the punchlist in order and nothing gets missed.

For example:
I have a punchlist for an individual storm such as
- tasks/shopping list for storm watch issued.
- tasks list for storm warning issued.
- tasks list for direct hit
- tasks list for post storm stuff including who to check on. (I always forget somebody).

Most impressive, Obi Wan has taught you well.

Edited by samhain (10/02/07 02:30 AM)