I have parents who are no longer healthy enough to keep living (by themselves) in the Ark. mountains. We (the kids) have had to transition my step-Dad to a nursing home and my Mom into an apt, in town, assist them with getting available social support services, taking reponsibilty of paying certain bills (electricty, cable, cell phone, etc), and in selling their home.

I have found, to my horror, that 1 sister and 2 step-sisters have become like vultures fighting for scraps. My parents have told each of us, in the past, that certain belongings would be passed to certain persons, but they never bothered to write these items down or to mark the items in some way. The different sisters claim that almost everything was promised to each of the them. My brother, 1 sister, & myself have stepped aside/away, while 1 step-sister is silent.

The step-sisters want to relocate their father to Louisiana while leaving my Mom in Ark. To me, this is a complete lack of respect for their 32 years of marriage.

I bring this up because none of us are getting younger & wills aren't brought up until one is dead. I plan to document what I & my wife have and what is to be sold and what is to be passed on to who, with copies to all concerned parties. This should prevent problems when/IF my wife & I have to transition to nursing homes in the future.

What are yall's thought?????