The first thing I thought of was mentioned: whatever you bring, don't flash it around, even to your friends; what one person knows, everyone knows.

Forgive my low opinion of schools, but if you can get your parents to talk to the administrators about their plans for a disaster, have them ask them to prove that they have supplies on hand RIGHT NOW. Water, blankets, food, first aid supplies, etc. A lot of the schools tend to have a plan... on paper. If they were hit by a major quake Monday at noon, they wouldn't have a thing.

Maybe things have changed in CA, but when I was there, they built a lot of the schools of tip-up construction, probably the deadliest form of building for the Ring of Fire. Many of the gyms, especially, used to be built like that.

If you have a friend who thinks like you, and he can keep his mouth closed, you would have two large lockers to use.

And ask your parents what THEIR plans are. It doesn't help if the school has a plan and your parents don't.

I heard from a friend who still lives down there that your area had a cluster of quakes about a month ago. It gets you to thinking, doesn't it?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070911-9999-1m11quake.html

Sue