To be honest, I really do not see this as being very profitable. Selling a handful of items where you are making a few dollars at the most seems to be more of a hobby then a business. Without larger priced items to offset the cost of doing business and allow you to make a decent profit coupled with the relatively small market base does not seem (to me) to be profitable.

Redflare (and others) already offer individual first aid products (and other individual items), so I would think you would already be entering the market place with some pretty stiff competition.

I know a few years ago, there was a similar home-based business (his name escapes me right now) where forum members would purchase small quantities of items. I believe that due to family obligations, he was unable to continue the operation. I am not sure of the profitability of his operation, but would think that if it were decent, he would have continued/resumed.

I must also admit, I feel some obligation to Redflare, he has been very responsive to the needs of the forum and as a sponsor, I feel supporting his enterprise, in part supports the continuance of the forums.

Just my 2 cents-
Pete