Originally Posted By: Ors
I don't think I've let the edge dull much. Usually when I notice that it doesn't cut things with very little effort, I touch it up. I guess I'm just confused as to why all of a sudden I can't get it that sharp again.

And by the way...I use it to shave LEG hair wink

But seriously, I tried the Sharpie idea on an Emerson CQC7, and most of the marker is still there. The Sharpmaker seems to be dulling the edge there...not sharpening it.

I had looked at The Razor's Edge a long time ago...maybe it is time to invest in it. Speaking of which, I've been thinking of getting an Edge Pro sharpener too...but don't have the cash at the moment. Anyone have opinions on the Edge Pro?

I've hacked away on my Becker Necker with the Sharpmaker, and it doesn't seem to do much good. For those suggesting continuing with the Sharpmaker, should I keep alternating between the coarse and fine stones, or work with the coarse until the edge shapes up? Maybe I'll end up sending it in.

So for EDC utility blades, what's your test for judging if it's sharp enough?

Re-watch the video that came with your sharpmaker...

The edge-pro is great...
I have the Pro edge-pro and love it.
Though I still perfer a convex edge for my heavy use knives, as it lasts forever and is EASY to keep sharp.