Quote:
a good place to start is at
http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=171
There is alot there, and may take several readings.

:-> No, only one. The best comment to his article is "What a freakin geek." I was thinking the same thing as I looked at his pictures and read about him having his wool vest custom made for him and that he wears it year-round. What a freaking geek.

By the way, I notice he says, 'With the home improvement store right next door to my worksite, I think it is likely that should we have to construct temporary shelter we could “source” tarps, lumber, rope and tools, but having a small highly effective set of these tools is one of my kit requirements.'

What is it you think he means by "sourcing" tarps?

The complete freakin geek quote is,

Quote:
What a freakin geek. Nice thought out kit. You sit at a desk all day with 6 knives, vaseline soaked tinder and an extension antenna.

Doesn’t your mother ship have the capability to just beam you up if there is a disaster?

Schwert's "On-Body Kit" article doesn't address my needs, fortunately.

Your comment:
Quote:
Planning on anything that can be later viewed as looting is not really planning. The point, I think, is to plan to avoid that necessity.

Hence, my question: What do other people who live in urban areas with no storage space do? [edit: Are we back to Schwert "sourcing" tarps, lumber, and stuff?]

So far, the best idea seems to be storing stuff in a car outside. Which you thoughtfully repost.

Quote:
Just my thoughts.

Yeah, thanks.

Edited by philip (09/21/07 08:23 PM)