Quote:
As far as raiding for food goes, think outside the box...what businesses are around you? Do they have employee cafetrias or at least snack vending machines? Do they have breakrooms with coffee? Sugar+creamer+water will give you calories. Do food delivery boys or coffee trucks pass by at certain times? Are there any possibilities for guerilla gardening?

No businesses in this area that have cafeterias and such - but there are gas stations with snack foods, lots of cheap restaurants, and small mom and pop grocery stores, in addition to a couple of large supermarkets. The food trucks are there and on their lunch schedule for all the auto repair shops, radiator fixers, lumber yard, and other places that have a few employees. If the earthquake hits around noon, we're all in luck. If I were in Silicon Valley, I'd have my pick of companies with quality chefs and gourmet food to match. :->

No guerrilla gardening, though. This is not an area where there are vacant lots available. Land is too expensive not to have it built on.