thanks for the responses,
And I agree, oldbaldguy. I don't think spam is ever "good", personally I hate the stuff. lol

From what I've been hearing I will keep the blanket. Thinking about it, it's nice to have and now thinking I'll add a bivvy inside the kit. A little redundancy is fine as long as I have the space. Hearing what eric said about the blanket I don't think It a good idea right now to remove it. Also a bivvy doubling as a rain collector or shelter is an win/win.

As for food I will look into the datrex or sos right now, maybee into dehydrated foot... or mre packs. I'm going to try and find out some more info on those brands, see if they have a website.
For now some canned food in there; maybee harty soups, fruit bars, maybee some nature valley bars. I don't know my basal metabolic rate, and I have no idea of my current intake. Would I need higher calories in winter or If I'm not in shape? I would guess that's the case, guessing then having some high calorie food would be good suppliment for those other items??

Couldn't have stated it better... Part of my worries is if it's "godawfull or gives you an upset stomach".. That would suck to be stuck with that if no other sources of food are available. Finding out later that its hard to eat or worse case makes me sick would make survival harder and would be like pissing money away.

Another question, could multi-vitamins, skim milk or energy bars be a good solution?