I was especially thinking of the use of urine. The site states that the product was not designed for use with urine, but then goes on to say urine has been used successfully. I would think that the amount of urine produced by a group of people might be sufficient to ensure the processed liquid was not too concentrated, but if only one or two individuals were contributing, the resultant processed liquid would be extremely hypertonic.

From what I can tell from the web site the two smaller units require 1.8L to achieve whatever final hypertonic dilution the syrup is designed to process. As noted, consumption of even this diluted liquid should be carefully controlled. This would pretty easy with seawater being the source of input, but 1.8L of urine is quite a lot of urine. Even one-half or 0.9L/900ml of urine is a fair amount and would result in the processed liquid having twice hypertonicity of the regular 1.8L input.

I was just wondering if there is a warning to tell consumers not to use less then X amount of input, otherwise the resulting processed liquid would be dangerous to consume, due to the acceleration of dehydration.

Pete