If you build it yourself, a PSK can run up to 50, 60 dollars pretty quickly. A better kit can top 100 very easily.

A decent multitool or SAK runs 30-50 without trying hard. A good flashlight, 20-30 dollars, minimum. Good water bottle is about ten bucks, so is a pack of clorine dioxide tablets. A box of contractor bags is about ten bucks. An AMK/DR PSP runs about $35. And OK FAK is about 20, 25. Add in matches in a case, a lighter, spare socks, some cordage, a few snacks, call it another 20. Empty coffee can for free. We're up to 160 dollars and we haven't paid shipping or bought a pack yet. And when you spread it out, it's not going to look like much, it will all fit in a messenger bag with room to spare.

Heck, I added everything up and to replace my BOB and ditch kit (binary system) would cost more than the insurance company thinks my car is worth. And I don't have a lot of gucci gear. *blushing madly*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.