Originally Posted By: Katie
Quote:
We were looking at water bottles, and I noticed one labeled "Emergency Kit"

I saw these at LL Bean. They are clever enough to include a ditty bag so you can both use the water bottle and carry the contents, although they seem kind of gimmicky to me, and the contents aren't of the greatest quality. They have a bunch of them -- Fitness in a Bottle (biner, pedometer, sunscreen, lip balm, first aid kit and stuff sack), Outdoor Survival in a Bottle (whistle, compass, shake flashlight, small knife, emergency blanket, poncho, duct tape, first-aid kit, waterproof matches, biner, carry bag), Paddler in a Bottle (compass/whistle/waterproof match case, light sticks, emergency blanket, poncho, first aid kit, sunscreen), Auto Aid in a Bottle (shake flashlight, knife, screwdriver, tire gauge, safety flasher, reflective vest).

...and if all of that surviving is stressing you out, you can go for the Toblerone in a Bottle (1 lb. of Toblerone chocolate), or the Travel Spa in a Bottle (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, razor, shaving cream, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, bath salts, vanity kit, mending kit, stuff sack). smile

Also available at Eddie Bauer, and I've seen them now at some Army-Navy stores. Not a bad idea, though if you'd EDC it, I suggest going with the 250ml or 500ml bottles. Square if possible.