I just purchased a hunting version of the AK-47. Standard stock, no "bad" attachments. But the exact same internals as the AK-47. Made in Russia at the same factory with the same parts.

Same chrome barrel, same receiver, almost everything is the same. They changed the fire control group (trigger and release assembly) so that it can not easily be modified to full auto. They removed the pistol grip and moved the fire control group to the rear to accommodate the standard rifle stock.

Really a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Cost to me delivered was $269. Most military style AK's are in the 5-$700 range.

See it at
Stanley Pro Shop Saiga Rifle
Standard disclaimer for stanleys sport shop. I have no connection with them other than being a customer.

This is a "street legal" AK that was manufactured to comply with the now expired assault weapons ban. It is imported as a hunting rifle.

Mine is a pleasure to shoot and of course it has the legendary reliability of the AK series.

They also make it in .223, 308, 12ga, 20ga, 410 and probably others. Prices of course vary depending on the caliber.

If you are looking for a 30-30 powered semi-automatic, take a look at this one. A real good "bang for the buck" (sorry I could not resist) rifle.