Hi,
For various reasons I have given up on tin containers for survival kits. many years ago a friend got his tobacco tin kit wet from salt water and it and most of its contents corroded. Of interest is that when it was opened after several years the life boat matches functioned perfectly wheras the metal match had crumbled to dust.
One container that I have devised is formed from tapered shampoo or dishwashing liquid bottles which can be cut down and sleeved as a top and bottom. Select ones that taper toward the top like truncated triangle. Cut off at the desired height and reverse one as the top and slide on. The little Johnson and Johnson baby oil bottle make fine kits. Chinese knock offs seem to have a low melting point and are quite soft.
The other kit box that I like is the yellow boxes from Speer projectiles which can be placed in the pouch of surplus 8mm Mauser military rifle cleaning kits. The final one is the alloy boxes which vaseline guarze used to come in. I have 2, one a 2" sqaure one for my micro kit and a larger one for a pocket kit. Has anyone used the BCB mini messtin box yet? Some people on other forums have made good kits from them
Vin7