My first thought was how long it would take "the authorities" to determine that a problem was coming, then how long it would take them to announce an evacuation. Those two decisions alone would probably cut the notification time between initial event and announcements in half.

My next thought was that there are enough stupid drivers already on the road at any given moment who think they are more important than anyone else, and who are totally prepared to cause a massive traffic accident on the chance of increasing their speed 10 mph.

I would imagine that even if there were no construction bottlenecks in the affected area, the tidal wave of escaping humans would fall all over themselves and create a mass of pileups that would cause the most monumental dam of humanity ever seen.

And for those who think holing up in a hotel on "high ground" (300 ft)... I doubt that you would be the first one to consider it, or one of the first ones who might attempt to check in... if the doors weren't locked and the employees all headed west.

The one main thing that kind of irritates me about this forum is the number of people who plan to bug out somewhere in a major disaster, thinking they will be the only ones there. HA!

The only way to avoid a disaster of a major tsunami like that would be to move to a safer place further west, and try to be at home when it happens.

Cynical Sue (she's back!)