I just bought a Bahco 396-HP with a 7.25" locking blade but haven't had a chance to cut with it. It locks both when open and when closed. It feels well-built and I like the orange color at the hinge (in case its dropped).

I've got several folding saws - some, like the Trailblazer Take-down Buck Saw and a very old Sven Saw, but the problem is that these take a fair amount of time/effort to assemble and they're kind of big. With that in mind I purchased "The Un-Believable Saw" (from the folks who make the Pocket Chain Saw) and this Bahco 396-HP. I still need to test them both out, but my hopes are high for both.

Keep in mind that there are two models:

Bahco 396-HP has teeth designed to cut dead wood. This is what I want to take with me while out with the Scout troop as we don't cut green wood.

Bahco 396-JT has teeth designed to cut green or live wood. This what I want to use to cut live Buckthorn and pruning trees around my property. I'm planning to see if my local toolstore has this in stock.

I'm not sure what is best for "survival" use. For shelter-building this might involve green wood, but for firebuilding this would involve dead wood.