I was able to read all the replies that were posted and I came to the conclusion that I am a very lucky man. I have been prepared for about 25 years now (sometimes when I didnt even know it). My best friends both of whom I have known for 20+ years have always been prepared and when were young and dumb, we would call each other and say grab your bag... we are headed for the hills. Then we would go. It took all of 15 minutes to be on the road.

Now I am blessed by being surrounded by people that are prepared. My two friends and I still have our bags, but they are now BOBs as we go to my cabin when we go to the hills. When creating my BOB, my wife said what are you doing honey? Now she has a BOB of her own. I mentioned casually about being prepared to my new stepfather and I find out he is PREPARED! He has more of a EOTHW mentallity (or collapse of the local government). I know that my family will be safe or at least prepared. I only have one concern and that is for my son. He currently lives with his mother across town and when I mentioned his BOB that I created for him, her responce was "that is just silly! God will take care of us..." I am all about a higher power, but I do beleive that he helps those who help themselves.

I mentioned being prepared to my new neighbors, just casually, and I got a responce of "Could you teach me some things and help me get something together for my fiance and me?"

Like I said blessed. As far as people showing up at my house when the SHTF, they can have whatever I leave, cause I will have been long gone when they show up. Stuff is just stuff and if I dont have it with me, it isnt important enough to help me and my family survive.