Unless there is some vital and pressing need to use the more unusual designs I would try to use something as close to a standard ladder with as few moving parts as possible.

Cable, rope and chain ladders are good where their exotic forms are required but they are far harder and slower to climb and work with under stress than even the cheapest standard ladders. Try climbing a cable ladder with an arm that doesn't work or if your eight or eighty. Even strong, healthy and intact people have trouble climbing rope ladder. Even experience mountaineers have to take their time.

Given the option I would even avoid the multi-section folding and extension ladders. I once Watched a guy who was unfamiliar with those multi-position ladders try to work it too quickly. He nearly hurt himself.

He was working it on an open floor without any great amount of stress or pressure. In an emergency with water rising around him he might have needed the ladder surgically removed or drowned.

If at all possible I would try to keep any ladders as dead simple and easy to use as possible.