Originally Posted By: Sherpadog
The power went out at work a couple days ago. No one else but me had a flashlight. I mentioned to someone that I had my flashlight with me if anyone needed it. First answer I recieved "Of course you would have a flashlight, it doesn't surprise me." (it was meant as a compliment)

I am low key key about my EDC, however I guess that enough people over the years have seen me use bits and pieces of my EDC that some have caught on to me. Now if I could only convince them to make and carry their own EDC...

I'm known at work as "Inspector Gadget" by the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER..

It ain't a compliment.

Situation is: I work in a rather large warehouse. Been there about 10 years. Been there, done that, seen it all.
Power outs, flooded, medical emergency's, fire's, Darlek's invading the Earth (joke). You name it, it's happened.

Power out: Guess who had to walk around and collect all the other employee's on the floor?
Yep, yours truly.

Flooded: A certain bright spark managed to clobber a main cross pipe for the sprinkler system with 4 ton of truck. With predicable results. I was the only one with the brains to improvise waterproof overboots.
Guess who's still getting abuse about it 3 years later?
Yep, yours truly.

Fires: Sometimes a truck goes up in smoke (electrical fire.)
Guess who is the only one who punches the alarm, grabs an extinguisher and puts it out. Then gets a bollocking for the alarm? "But you didn't NEED TO push the ALARM. The FIRE was OUT."
Yep, yours......

I just had Fire Marshal training. Next time that happen's some one is going to get a very nasty surprise.

And just to add insult to injury, it was one of the Polish Totty who dubbed me IG. She also has some what limited English. Also knows that I carry a SAK. Wanders up to me every few days with a can. Hands it to me and says "You open."

I'm working on the "please......"