Risk=likelihood x magnitude

Unless I am in a likely target area, I have more important things to worry about. If I am in a likely target area, the most obvious solution is to leave asap.

Prepping for everyday survival risks is a lot more realistic and achievable for most of us than preparing for the worst that can be thrown at us. I prefer to pace my response to risk to balance my economic viability. In other words, it is easier and less stressful for me to prepare for situations I am likely to encounter than for those things which have a very slim but devastating possibility.

War, this ain't war, this is organized crime. I liken power mongers like Muqtada Al Sadr and Ahdinejad (whatever) to La Familia, just instead of it being a heritage sort of thing, they've veiled it behind religion??? They get their support the same way Capone did, by scaring their neighbors into submission and paying off the neighborhood bully to be their enforcer. They have no national will anywhere behind them. They've replaced the cartels that we bashed around in the 90s. It's like the war on drugs, you don't declare war and you can't fight a war based on ideals. That is just propaganda. The war in Iraq and Afganistan lasted all of what, about 2 weeks? What happens afterwards is just political economic turmoil as everyone tries to position for more power/money/whatever floats your boat.

If we were really at war right now, Damascus, Tehran, and Pyongyang would've been cratered 3 years ago, and Made in China would be a note in the US economics history books.