Being a full time college student on a campus with over 60,000 currently enrolled students, I thought I should post up a picture of what I carry to class. I used to use just a shoulder pack (messenger bag), but realized a pack is much better and more comfortable. Especially on the half mile walk to my classes from my apartment.

This isn't a full bug-out kit, as I have to try and keep weight down as much as possible (I pretty much spend the entire day with this bag, five days a week). The basic idea is just to get me back to my apartment and vehicle, as well as take care of any normal daily needs.

Anyway, here we go:

The bag as it sits, the side pocket on the right has my nalgene bottle. I don't carry a big one due to weight and because there are water fountains all over campus. (so I usually use those before I crack open my bottle)

The contents of the front small pocket (minus the nalgene). Protein bars, umbrella, pocket notebook, digital recorder, Surefire spares carrier (four spare batteries and bulb for flashlight).

The next bigger pocket with everything in its place.

Contents of the bigger pocket. CPR shield, 10 plastic bags, N95 mask, orange bandanna, belt case with bit kit for leatherman, case with ear plugs and benadryl, jute twine, flat Fox 40, mini-Bic in case, surefire E2e, Leatherman Kick, police search gloves (cut resistant kevlar), diamond knife sharpener, radioshack mini-screwdriver kit, pens, pencils, Industrial formula sharpie, high lighter with built in post-it flags.

The largest pocket in the back just holds my books, notebooks, and my day planner.

This bag also supplements my pocket EDC: