A friend and I hiked the Morrison trail around Kinzua in PA, we had never hiked the trail before, we got to the trail head at 10:15 am and started hiking at 10:30. We knew it was a long trail 11.4 miles to be exact, what we didn't know was the direction we started in was the easy way and coming out would be all up hill and along steep drop offs and up and down through large rocks. Everything went fine for most of the day, then it started rail lightly and get a little foggy, to top that off it got dark.........lol. Well the Forest service must think that its funny to place the trail markers far apart, during the daylight hours thats ok because you can see the trail, but at night its rather annoying, good thing I had my Streamlight and Larry had is Inova both 3 watt LEDs, we managed to stay on the trail most of the time but there were sections that we had to have one stand and wait while the other walked in the direction we thought the trail went, all the time keeping the other light in sight, only to find out that was the wrong direction and had to come back and try a different one. We did make it out just fine, oh yea we were smart enough to have our GPS's and had marked the location of the trail head before starting the hike. Had we needed to spend the night we had our packs with everything we would need to be warm,dry and comfortable and well fed.
I'm new to the forums and have been reading all the posts,as you can tell by me answering a post form last year.....lol hope someone reads this and can get some use out of it.

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!