I have been requested to start a thread on this topic, so here goes. My wife and I retired to living full time in a RV, traveling around the country, doing volunteer work at state and federal campgrounds to help with expenses. We also did a stint as "workampers" at a private facility, which turned out to be more of a "job" (gasp) than we expected. We started this venture out by buying a used 32 foot Class A motorhome, towing a small SUV (Chevy Tracker, 4wd, 25+ mpg). We had been very happy with this vehicle combo, but then we started having some repeat electical problems, which were nickle and diming us to death (as in about $10k in a two year period). We had also come to realize that a 32 foot motorhome does not have the usable space of a 32 ft trailer. While stopped, the entire drivers compartment of a motorhome is pretty much wasted, other than tossing stuff on the dash and seats, which looks kind of trashy. We also came to realize that doing things this way gives us two power vehicle to insure and maintain. Two time as many oil changes, etc. So we are looking for a new P/U and fifthwheel trailer. Diesel powered, gas engines reportedly don't have the power to pull a 32+ ft trailer up a hill of any size. There are some drawbacks to this switch, generator for example. Most (all?) larger motorhomes have a built in gen, very few trailers have a gen, and having one installed can be VERY expensive. So, does anyone have any input to add to this topic???