Originally Posted By: frediver
I think it was a mistake to remove the sparklite and replace it with matches. ... Still IMO the sparklite is a serious omission, I have a bunch of BSA spark tools but how common are they in the average home.

You have a valid point about the sparklite, however, as you said they are not commonly found in the home. I bet matches are included so that AMK can target the kit at the general public. Outside of this forum, and a few select scouts I've met over the years, I know very few people who would choose a flint over a match. With a larger target audience AMK can produce more kits, keep prices down, or at the very least sell enough kits to continue production of the product.

A more advanced user (such as yourself and the rest of the forum) can easily modify the contents of the resealable dry bag to suit your needs, climate, experience level, personal preferences, etc.

P.S. I liked the double meaning of the name, I found it to be quite funny. Then again I can have a rather odd sense of humor at times, and could easily see myself laughing when I'm SOL and need to crack open my SOL kit wink