I can't say I'm convinced the coyotes were attacking her or would have attacked her. She was walking two small dogs which along with cats have become a natural prey for coyotes as urban and suburban areas encroach on coyote's natural habitat. With very few exceptions the documented attacks on humans by coyotes involve children, not adults. In any case, feral or domestic dogs that have packed up present a far greater threat to people and livestock then coyotes, no matter how bold. Packs of dogs have little innate fear of people and will also kill when not hungry (as evinced by packs of pets killing livestock and not eating the carcass). Finally, I think its clear that both feral dog attacks and coyote attacks are primarily the fault of humans (not specifically the victims) either by abandoning or otherwise not properly caring for their pets or by feeding coyotes and destroying their natural habitat and prey. Its hard for me to blame a hungry animal for following its instincts and hunting.