A little drama in the last 3-4 days has made me think about making hospital kits. Many hospitals warn against valuables and carrying a lot of personal info/items while staying. But then they turn around and charge you for a number of toiletries, etc.

So, do any of you have kits ready for a hospital stay? Keep in mind, they should serve two purposes:

1) Carry items for a patient. Also think about spending time there.

2) Be a decent bag for a family member who may decide to stay with the patient (on that hard-as-all-hell chair!).

OK so...obvious items, not so obvious...let's have them. Basic list follows:

1) soap
2) shampoo
3) lotion
4) toothbrush & toothpaste
5) Q-tips
6) a couple of small flashlights - couple photons or handful of fauxtons
7) deodorant
8) fleece pants, jacket and/or shirt - hospital patients seem to be frequently cold
9) my SO (who works in a hospital) said maybe a thin fleece blanket...queen or king sized. Hospital blankets aren't very good.
10) changes of clothing (even if you don't wear them while there, you'll need to leave sometime)
11) several underwear & socks (several more than your change(s) of clothes above)
12) If your diet isn't restrictive and you feel like hitting the snack machine for a candy bar...maybe some change.
13) Deck of cards, or maybe some small game(s) like boggle, etc.
14) Extra cell phone charging cord. You may already have the phone, but people usually don't have a cord handy.
15) shower shoes???
16) ALWAYS gotta have a SAK (swiss army knife).
17) razor and extra blades
18) shaving cream

I'd like to think I would be able to use a laptop, but since valuables are a no-no, well...

So...that's a good start. Thoughts on the perfect hospital kit?