This brief assessment was hardly laboratory or even in the true conditions I'd like to test. But for what it's worth here are my anecdotal observations. Obviously this is no arctic rated sleeping bag and in a blizzard as named I'd love to have a vacuume packed down or Lamilite bag. But for many good reasons apart from performance we can't always have one, or a dozen if needed.The Blizzard Bag takes a material with obvious shortcomings and a mixed reputation with users and with a little thought produced a well made and thought out unit.The simple instructions are common sense not always commonly found with users.In spite of managing to damage it straightaway the bag was deployed and repacked 5 times, kept me dry in a swimming pool and performed in a cold environ well enough to enable comfort and rest.One of the premises of such bags is the vapor barrier startegy. Simply put, your warm sweat stays inside and you remain warm, if soggy. The Achille's heal of this theory is the very rapid cooling once again outside- potentialy dangerous for a casualty. The bag did produce this effect, but suprisingly not as pronounced as my experience with commercial VB products.I'm guessing the active realignment of the air cells helps vent excess moisture out the adjustable top. It's forte is compact and light wieght with a useable performance. The price, at least from our US distributor is easilly competitive against traditional blankets or inexpensive sleeping bags. Again, the compactness is an attractive feature if your restricted by logistics. I would toss in a short length of Duct tape for possible tears a watch cap or balaclava and some dedicated or expedient ground insulation. I used a newspaper and plastic bag for mine. Again, In temporary conclusion until I can play with it this winter, the Blizzard Bag can fill a very usefull function in your strategy and kit. Think of it as part of a SYSTEM you can assemble easilly and depend on for more than one deployment.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (08/15/07 05:07 PM)