Here is my reply/request to Leatherman ....
-----------------------------
Thank you for your follow-up.

In light of this information, I then would respectfully recommend that Leatherman stop giving the impression that the tool is TSA compliant. Many retailers are actually stating that it is "TSA Approved", based on your web-site.

I would also request that Leatherman replace my confiscated tool due to this misleading advertising.

Thank you.
----------------------------
And their response ....
----------------------------
After reviewing our website again I do not see any indication that we are claiming to be "officially" TSA approved. I"d be happy to review it again if you would like to show me where to look for the information you are referring to.
We have noted more than once on our website to check to the rules of your particular airlines regarding carry on items. Each airport interprets the rules and regulations they have set differently, and we have no control over that.
If the airline is not willing to allow it as a carry-on, most airlines will allow you mail it back to yourself (but again this is not something we have any control over).
At no time are we telling retailers that this is a TSA approved product.
Our warranty covers manufacture defect only. Unfortunately, we will not be replacing your tool.
Teresa
----------------------
I said they were implying - What spin !
You know what to do ...
Rdgs - T