Originally Posted By: BrianTexas
Nice to meet you Erik!

Great list. Definitely a good model for the rest of us. Just a few suggestions to go and a question:

1) I'd replace the iodine tablets with Micropur MP1. Crypto isn't affected by the iodine.
2) Depending upon your location and season, you may want to add sunscreen and insect repellent.

3) What kind of aluminum stove are you using and what kind of fuel does it use?

4) How's the knife in the SOG multitool? You might want to carry a primary knife with the multitool providing the backup blade.

5) Add a bandanna or two. Can use it for head cover, dust mask, hankerchief, mask for robbing the stagecoach, etc. You can then ditch the belt used for the tourniquet. Besides, tourniquets are tricky things to put on and remove and you may want to skip the idea.

6) Car kit: consider adding a tow strap (I don't know if it would be feasible given you vehicle.) You may want some flares/glow sticks in case you need to mark your car if broken down.

- Brian

1. where's a good place to get Micropur MP1?, i'd probably add it rather than replace.

2. there's some OFF in the FAK, just forgot to list it.

3. the aluminum stove is the type that nests with the canteen and cup

4. the whole tool is very well made, though i haven't yet had to put any of the tools through any severe abuse yet, so i can't say what they can take. i've been trying to find a decently priced kabar for the BOB, or something similar in quality.

5. if needed i could use one of the t-shirts as a mask. same with the tourniquet.

6. a tow strap would be a complete waste, as my station wagon can just gets itself up some hills, much less tow something. i'll add some road markers to the car kit as soon as i can find some decent ones.

Edited by Erik_D (08/13/07 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.