The generous length is countered by a close fit. Anyone who uses a mummy style bag will be used to this, and for thermal efficiency small is beautifull. The horizontal elastic works well to maintain 'drape.' No, we are not on Saville Row. Drape is a material's ability to naturally cling to and move with the wearer. This is one of the major advantages of Down and Lamilite. Space blankets have a reputation for being noisy affairs.This is only of concern if the user is trying to get vital sleep. The Blizzard bag was significantly quieter, no doubt in part to the construction.The air cells were easily pulled to capacity. This is a mechanical effort on the user's part, no passive regaining of % loft in x minutes as with a lightly shaken down bag. At this point I repaired the tear with duct tape. The website claims it's wind and waterproof. I would assume this means rain,sleet and melting snow. I went one step further, and with worried looks from my nieghbors slipped into the swimming pool @ the 4' level. 15 minutes later I was still dry. I allowed the bag to air dry in our hot summer sun. Instructions for repacking bag are to again pull lengthwise to reform the pleats and at home a towel and vacuume cleaner.I was skeptical, seeing more pleats than a Highland kilt. Following the instructions, one can indeed repack almost as perfectly as the vacuumed unit at home.It's a matter of deliberate effort, and even a sloppy field repack reduces the bag to easy stowage and carry.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (08/15/07 04:56 PM)