Nice to meet you Erik!

Great list. Definitely a good model for the rest of us. Just a few suggestions to go and a question:

1) I'd replace the iodine tablets with Micropur MP1. Crypto isn't affected by the iodine. You could still keep the bleach for backup. I'm not certain what water filter you are using, so I can't say that it could remove all the nasties.

2) Depending upon your location and season, you may want to add sunscreen and insect repellent.

3) What kind of aluminum stove are you using and what kind of fuel does it use?

4) How's the knife in the SOG multitool? You might want to carry a primary knife with the multitool providing the backup blade. (Don't ask about which multitool is the best. You'd release a torrent of opinions that mostly result in personal preferences. Doug's reviews are pretty useful.)

5) Add a bandanna or two. Can use it for head cover, dust mask, hankerchief, mask for robbing the stagecoach, etc. You can then ditch the belt used for the turniquet. Besides, tourniquets are tricky things to put on and remove and you may want to skip the idea.

6) Car kit: consider adding a tow strap (I don't know if it would be feasible given you vehicle.) You may want some flares/glow sticks in case you need to mark your car if broken down.

Good luck! I've got to go update my kits with some of your ideas.

- Brian

Edited by BrianTexas (08/13/07 07:06 PM)