Okay guys and gals, I probably wasted some money that could have been used for better things (including paying bills) but… I went ahead and bought once of these staffs to try out and report back to the group. It came very quickly (USPS); I will not have time to really check it out on a hike for a while. It appears well made as a first impression. However, I have no doubt, one could build the same or better for a lot less money. Looking at the outside it has both heaver (550 paracord) and thinner nylon cordage wrapped from the top to about half way down the staff, very tightly, increasing the diameter for a somewhat comfortable hand grip. Two pouches hang on the outside, one with the multifunction Swiss Army Knife knock off, it is similar to the champion model and is made by Fury. While nowhere the quality of an original SAK, I am somewhat impressed with it as compared to some of the other SAK knock offs I have seen. I will try and examine some of the other components closer tonight if possible and let you all know what I find. Pete